Supporting the Academic Health Science Network for North East and North Cumbria (AHSN NENC) in its role to assist healthcare professionals in implementing best practice guidance, NEQOS previously led and facilitated the Collaborating for Better Care Partnership (CfBCP) on the AHSN’s behalf (see Collaborating for Better Care partnership) . The functions of the CfBCP have since been combined with the Patient Safety Collaborative as part of the AHSN’s new regional Quality Improvement approach. (See Quality & Safety improvement programmes)
The Collaborating for Better Care Partnership (CfBCP) was launched in Spring 2014 to:
- Develop a regional understanding of the challenges to, and opportunities for, more effective implementation of NICE and other best practice guidance;
- Build skills and knowledge in effective implementation of NICE and other best practice guidance;
- Spread and facilitate best practice in effective implementation of NICE and other best practice guidance; and,
- Champion leadership for effective implementation of NICE and other best practice guidance.
The CfBCP provided cross cutting support to all of the AHSN work programmes and hosted regular Masterclasses to promote and share expertise in effective implementation. Seven Masterclasses were carried out; videos and slides of the first three Masterclasses are available online through the AHSN website (also see links below).
- ‘Demystifying Knowledge Transfer- an introduction to Implementation Science’ (May 2014) – led by Professor Jeremy Grimshaw (University of Ottawa), Dr Justin Presseau (Newcastle University). See more
- ‘Using implementation Science to transform patient care’ (September 2014) – Professor Jeremy Grimshaw, Dr Justin Presseau. See more
- ‘Getting new ideas into practice: normalising the implementation of complex interventions across the Healthcare system’ – Normalisation Process Theory (October 2014) – Dr Tracy Finch (Newcastle University), Professor Carl May (University of Southampton). See more
- ‘Putting evidence into practice’- NICE Implementation Resources (November 2014) – Stephen Stericker and other NICE experts. See more
- ‘Isn’t this about me?’ The role of patients and the public in implementing evidence-based healthcare (October 2015) – Professor Richard Thomson (Newcastle University) and local and national experts in the field of Patient and Public Involvement. See more
- ‘To nudge, or not to nudge’ – understanding how behavioral insights can deliver improved healthcare (January 2016) – Behavioral Insights Team, Department of Health. See more
- ‘Achieving positive health impacts through social marketing’ (March 2016) – Continuing the theme of exploring how to achieve behavioural change to improve health outcomes. See more